This is my personal Web site, which contains personal and professional
information about me, technical guides on GNU/Linux and UNIX, and essays
on computing ethics and freedom.
- A hacker (that is, a playful tinkerer interested in exploring the limits
- A knowledgeable user of GNU/Linux.
- A competent software author.
- A fan of freely- and semi-freely-licensed heavy metal and rock
- A student in the
Google Summer of Code program
with the Debian Project.
- The leader of a project to develop a fully-free
embedded operating system
member #10830 of the Free Software Foundation.
- A recent university graduate with a degree in computer science.
- A self-taught student of U.S. and international copyright law and free
- The former leader of my university's undergraduate GNU/Linux special
- Trained in karate.
- Licensed to operate motorboats.
- Certified for open water SCUBA diving.
- More essays on computing ethics and freedom.
- Technical guides on GNU/Linux, especially one related to the boot
process (an apparently popular topic with which I'm quite familiar).