A UNIX shell script to generate a change log from "CHANGE:" tags found in Git commit messages.
Download or browse the repository currently hosted on Gitorious: <https://gitorious.org/pehjotas-tools/changelog-gen>
See the "README" file for help with changelog-gen.
You may share and modify this software under the terms of the Expat license. See "changelog-gen.sh" for details.
- Fixed: Commits contained by multiple tags can pollute the changelog.
- Accept an optional filename (or "-" for standard output) as an argument.
- Add help and version options.
- Group changelog entries by formatted Git tags.
- Initial release.
- Possibly switch to licensing under the terms of the GNU LGPL
- Use here-doc to print long blocks of information instead of a mass of printf commands.
- Maybe offer HTML output.